Factors and Multiples
To demonstrate your understanding of concepts through clear articulation on your approach to solve the problem.
- This is an Individual Task. You are to complete the viva voce practice on your own.
- It will also help you to seek and articulate your understanding of concepts as you attempt to explain your approach and solution to each problem.
- You should not take more than 1 hour to complete the entire task.
TASK and INSTRUCTIONS:
You will explain how you find the prime factorisation of the following numbers, and express the answer in index notation.
- Your explanation should be concise, relevant and clear.
- The video clip should not be longer 5 min.
- You may choose any suitable multimedia application for this task (e.g. PhotoBooth, QuickTime Player). Keep the file size of the video clip small as you are expected to upload it to the internet (Blog, YouTube, Facebook).
1 LEE NING, BEATRYS Q4(a) received 20120123 1030h
2 LEK JAN YEE, LOIS Q4(b) received 20120123 1030h
3 NUR QADIRAH BTE ABDUL WAHID Q4(c) received 20120123 1030h
4 RACHEL MARK YUEN YEE Q4(d)
5 CHEE EN CHESTON Q4(e)
6 CHRISTOPHER YOU YI RUI Q4(f) received 20120123 1030h
7 FRANCIS YEO ZHAO YIK Q4(g) received 20120123 1030h
8 JUSTYN LIM DING SHENG Q5(a)
9 KABIR KRISHAAN BHUGTIAR Q5(b) received 20120123 1030h
10 KENNETH HE ZHI JING Q5(c) received 20120123 1030h
11 LIM GUAN QUN Q5(d) received 20120123 1030h
12 LOW JIACHENG PIDES Q5(e)
13 MUHAMMAD DANIEL B ROSLI Q5(a)
14 NAH YEE CHER Q5(b) received 20120123 1520h
15 OLIVER TAN YI YAN Q5(c) received 20120123 1030h
16 RYAN GOH KAI-EN Q5(d) received 20120123 1030h
17 SIDDHANT CHAURASIA Q5(e)
18 TAN HIANG KHAI JOSHUA Q4(a)
19 TNG RENJIE Q4(b)
20 WONG LIANG YUNG Q4(c)
- Post your video clip in the Maths Blog. The title of the post would be Viva Voce Practice 1 [Question number] (e.g. Viva Voce Practice 1 Q4(a))
- Label your work as follows: viva voce 1
- The video clip may be uploaded directly to the blog. Alternatively, you could also upload the video clip to Facebook (set it to public view) or YouTube before embedding it in the blog post.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the voice of the video clip is audible as verbal explanation is key to such task.
Deadline: To be submitted by Sunday 22 January 2012, 2359h
Examples of work done by your seniors:
(e.g. DING NINA LIN [Q1]; CHAN SHAWN KIT [Q2]; LIM HAO EN TOBY GAIL [Q1]